STC Holds Spring Membership Meeting and Announces 2019 Award Winners
FOREST HILL, MD –The Synthetic Turf Council’s Spring Membership Meeting, held March 11-13 in Seattle, Washington, attracted 161 individuals representing companies of all types in the synthetic turf industry, including manufacturers, suppliers, installers, landscape architects and engineers, testing labs, and maintenance equipment and service companies located throughout the world.
The membership meeting included a strong educational component. Concurrent breakout sessions focused on industry related topics, including Team Strategies for a Better Project, Hybrid Turf Systems, Regional Issues, Rooftop Applications, Using Technology for Collaboration and more. Discussions on environmental responsibility continued with closing general session presentations on Microplastics and Innovative Turf Recycling. Economist Lauren Saidel-Baker’s keynote address focused on the economic outlook for the synthetic turf industry and the global economy. Baker recommended that business strategies that should be undertaken now to maximize the profit potential in the years to come.
Shining a spotlight on industry excellence, innovation, and volunteerism, the Second Annual STC Awards were announced on Wednesday, March 13, 2019. The STC Awards Program is a member program designed to honor STC members that help to promote the association’s values and advance the synthetic turf industry.
The 2019 STC Award Winners are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Dr. Phil Stricklen, Turf Dr. Phil
- Rookie of the Year Award: Matt Adkins, ForeverLawn West Texas
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Donna Kent, ForeverLawn Inc.
- Innovator Award: AstroTurf
- Landscape Installation of the Year Award – Commercial: SYNLawn – Federal Government Project
- Landscape Installation of the Year Award – Recreation: ForeverLawn, Inc. – Mary’s Magical Place
- Landscape Installation of the Year Award – Residential: SYNLawn – Suze Orman’s Vacation Home
- Landscape Installation of the Year Award – Specialty: ForeverLawn, Inc. – West Hollywood Dog Park
- Sports Installation of the Year Award – Single Field under 75,000 sq. ft.: ForeverLawn, Inc. – Meadows Soccer Complex
- Sports Installation of the Year Award – Single Field over 75,000 sq. ft.: Act Global – Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- Sports Installation of the Year Award – Multi-Field: CHA Consulting, Inc. – Henrico County Glover Park
The 2019 STC Annual Membership Meeting will be held on October 21-23, 2019 in San Antonio, Texas.
ABOUT THE STC:
The STC is the world’s largest organization representing the synthetic turf industry, representing over 240 companies with operations in more than thirteen countries. Founded in 2003, the STC assists buyers and end users with the selection, use and maintenance of synthetic turf systems in sports field, golf, municipal parks, airports, landscape and residential applications. It is a resource for current, credible, and independent research on the safety and environmental impact of synthetic turf, as well as technical guidance on the selection, installation, maintenance, and environmentally responsible disposal of synthetic turf. Membership includes builders, landscape architects, testing labs, maintenance providers, manufacturers, suppliers, installation contractors, infill material suppliers and other specialty service companies.
For more information, visit www.syntheticturfcouncil.org.
EasyGrass LLC. is Florida’s fastest growing and most innovative provider of artificial grass and synthetic lawn. EasyGrass services all of the Miami, Fort Lauderdale and South Florida. We represent leading brands like XGrass, AstroTurf® and VISTAGREEN®. Our products are 100% recyclable, free of harmful ingredients, and backed by a comprehensive manufacturer’s warranty.
Choose Easy Grass LLC for all your artificial grass needs, always made in USA! #1 in Miami and Fort Lauderdale since 2008. Learn more about our products and services. Contact our team today for a free quote.